Friday, April 11, 2008

Beckham likes Manchester United's chances

The Galaxy star has been impressed by his former team's march to the European Champions League semifinals.

In 1999, the last year in which Manchester United won the European Champions League, David Beckham was the player providing that team's telling crosses and wicked free kicks.

Now, United is back on the doorstep. Manager Alex Ferguson's talented-laden squad plays Barcelona in one semifinal game later this month, and Liverpool takes on Chelsea in the other.

On Thursday, Beckham, now with the Galaxy, said his money is on his old team.

"I think they've got a great chance," he said. "They played some great football last night and they've done it all season. They're favorites, I'm sure."

Manchester United knocked AS Roma out in the quarterfinals Wednesday night, after Liverpool had ousted Arsenal the night before. Which team would Beckham want to see ManU avoid in the May 21 final in Moscow?

"I don't care," he said. "A Man United-Liverpool final would be incredible, but it's hard to call because Chelsea have picked up and are playing some good football now. We'll see, but it would be an amazing final, Man United and Liverpool."

Source: Los Angeles Times

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:25 pm, Blogger Paulsworld said...

I think David means we are gonna win it!! Hoping I get my ticket to the home leg against Barcelona! Fingers crossed!!

But I hope that Chelsea beat Liverpool. I want United to beat Chelsea in the final. :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home